Resolutions
Everyone makes them. Heck, most people have already broken theirs by now. Whether it's to lose weight (the most common), get out of debt, or get over your ex once and for- all they don't work. I find them pointless because frankly making a promise to yourself simply because of the start of a new year doesn't actually serve you. They are historically prone to fail and then you end up beating yourself up about it. Um, no thanks.So instead of making and subsequently breaking a resolution I've taken the lead from one of my favorite blogs Stratejoy and decided to create a guiding theme to set the tone for 2010. What's the difference between a resolution and a theme? A theme will help you set an overall mood for the year with a bigger purpose that is more self-reflective. What do you want to conquer and what are you going to do to make this year different?A resolution is one goal, with one result thus making it a 50/50 shot that you will succeed or fail.
Since reading the Stratejoy blog entry I've pondered over what feel I want this year to have. It's already starting out with quite the bang but I really don't want it to stop there. I want to make this a good one so I plan to let this marinate. What do you want out of 2010?
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment